Who we are
A motivated team of Expert Thinkers, Learners, and Doers
Eummena is an innovation and EdTech company strategically established in Leuven Innovation Center (I&I), Belgium and with active presence in the Gulf Region; Dubai and Riyadh. Eummena multidisciplinary hands-on advisors and researchers are actively engaged in large international initiatives covering the latest and future trends in educational technologies and digital capacity building and transformation.
Eummena is a Member of Leuven Mindgate and the Innovation Center of KUL (the top Innovative University in Europe and 7th worldwide).
We are at the forefront of future learning and R&D for applying excellence and facilitating the digital market growth across Europe.
We facilitate transfer of technical know-how and practical, hands-on expertise to the MENA region and across the globe.
Eummena was incorporated in Belgium in 2011, as an ASBL (association sans but lucratif), a research and development association under the Belgian law, with international operations. We have been on a Quest for Unlocking Human Potential ever since.
Started as a spinoff from the research unit on human-computer interaction of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Eummena’s headquarters are strategically established in the KULeuven campus, in the heart of the Leuven Mindgate fertile ground for innovation and high-tech entrepreneurship.
What we do
As an official Premium Moodle Partner, Eummena provides certified services for Moodle installation and hosting, as well as development and / or integration services. In several cases, Eummena has been called to improve, empower, and scale existing Moodle installations that were facing technical challenges. Eummena also offers theming/branding services for any given Moodle installation, as well as training on Moodle solutions.
Eummena brings together experts in the areas of technology-enhanced learning, learning technologies standardisation, e-learning resources, e-content, metadata for skills records, job profiles, and learning opportunities, strategies for lifelong learning and personal development, awareness raising and policy making. Our expertise and skills in deploying and managing large scale systems based on open source software, have allowed us to serve well international clients during the expansion to an increasing number of audience.
Key Focus Areas
- technology-enhanced learning
- learning technologies standardisation
- learning management systems
- lean UX design, from idea to implementation
- e-content and digital marketplaces
- metadata for skills records, job profiles, and learning opportunities
- strategies for lifelong learning and personal development
- agile open source software development
- international research, awareness raising and policy making
Mission and values
- We employ research and technology to accomplish great impact and disrupt the status quo.
- We are on a mission to advance human capital.
- We love our work, but we don’t work in isolation.
- We love technology, but not as much as humans.
- We empower visionaries to lead meaningful projects and products.
- We power the world’s best.