7 October 2019
Hopefully, some of you will get the 1990s reference to New Kids on the Block, and some others, won’t! Workplace is somewhat of a new kid on the block of the Moodle offerings!
As Moodle explains it here, Moodle Workplace is intended for all those companies that are looking for an effective learning solution for training and development.
What does this mean, you ask? Well, with Moodle Workplace, you can (again reflecting from the previous article):
- Create and deliver training for your employees and support on-boarding processes
- Share existing as well as new knowledge across your organisation and help your employees towards developing specific skillsets that will add value to your business
- Offer your training or professional development without time and place constraints, as your employees have the flexibility of accessing your training system from anywhere on any device
- Still need this “something” extra? You’re covered! You can customise your LMS to reflect and strengthen your company’s processes and structure
- Last but not least, Moodle Workplace is here to help you maximise your learning and development strategy
That’s swell! But, do I really need Moodle Workplace?
Well, as Moodle brilliantly puts it, if you have organisational learning and development programs in your organisation and you want a full functionality learning management system (LMS) based on the most-used LMS in the world (Moodle) but fine tuned for organisational learning, Moodle Workplace may be ideal for you.
And if we can offer a reason or two:
- If you’re looking to build clear development paths within your company structure, if you’re a firm believer in growing your people, Workplace can help you do that. It can also help you keep your personnel up-to-date with recurring certifications they need,
- Do you want to automate the aforementioned process, and support it with thorough and detailed reports? Avoiding administrative burden? If yes, there’s another reason for using Workplace,
- Do you want a platform that will integrate well with your existing HR systems?
- Finally, are you a company that operates beyond time and place restrictions? Do you want to offer a flexible training to your employees? Well, surprise, the answer is Workplace once more!
If you are convinced by now, know that Moodle Workplace is currently offered only through a Moodle Partner, unlike Moodle Core, so if you want to use it, you have to get in touch, well, with us! If you have more questions on Moodle Workplace, take a look at some Frequently Asked Questions here, or reach out to us and we’ll help in any way we can!
If you want to hear all of this, and the some, from Martin Dougiamas himself, here’s his talk in MoodleMootIEUK, presenting Moodle Workplace!
Story by: Nikos Palavitsinis, Eummena
Also interesting in this category...
Reflection on OECD Report: Innovating Education and Educating for Innovation11 October 2019
Moodle Workplace: New kid on the block!7 October 2019
Why do teachers love Moodle?2 October 2019
Stories from Moodle Dev: Moodle Event Monitoring30 September 2019
Stories from Moodle Dev: The Antivirus MIME Blocker26 September 2019
Reflection on World Bank Group Report: Learning to Realise Education’s Potential24 September 2019
Stories from Moodle Dev: The Tale of the User with no Email24 September 2019
Eummena is now a certified Moodle Partner3 September 2019
Eummena in the 1st Palestine Creative AI Week1 August 2019
Eummena has a new website20 May 2019
OECD Skills Outlook 2019 Report14 May 2019
PISA redefining testing standards9 May 2019
Eummena @BETT 201920 December 2018