One Junior and one Senior Java Developer for J2EE apps (Piraeus, Greece)
Who we are
Eummena, an international firm based in Leuven, Belgium, with establishments in Athens, Dubai, and Riyadh, has openings for one junior and one expert, but most importantly highly-motivated Java developers, preferably with hands-on experience on digital repositories (DSpace, Open Equella), to join our team in Piraeus, Greece.
What you need to bring along
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar disciplines. Master Degree will be considered a plus.
- Solid grasp of web and backend application development
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in the English language, both written and verbal. Knowledge of the Arabic language will be considered a plus.
- Fast learner, comfortable working in a highly agile, competitive, and distributed team
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Documented experience with similar position or projects, e.g. personal github page or contribution to open source projects.
- 5 or more years as a full stack developer with experience in Java-based server side tools and frameworks (Spring Cloud / Hibernate / Spring Boot Microservices)
- 2+ years of experience in Angular and/or ReactJS, plus TypeScript, jQuery, etc.
- Experience with Microservices, Rest-based services and GraphQL
- Experience deploying and configuring applications on Apache web server
- Fluency in the command line of RDBMS as PostgreSql and MariaDB
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Redis
- Experience with search engines, including Lucene and Elastic Search
- Experience working within Agile teams, as well as distributed dev teams
- Experience with unit and automation testing (Jasmine, Protractor, JUnit)
- Knowledge of Java build tools and dependency management (maven, sbt)
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE and knowledge of ReactJS through personal and team projects, including those in the context of university studies
- Any additional relevant skills will be considered a plus
- Experience with Open Equella and/or DSpace, including development of bespoke new plugins and integration with other systems
- Experience with basic Linux remote connection and shell commands
- Excellent knowledge of git
- Agile team member, experience in Scrum or Kanban
- Coaching and passing skills to fellow developers
What you’ll be taking home:
- Working in the team of an official Moodle partner, for highly visible EdTech projects around the globe
- Open source development and participation in global forums on a regular basis
- A professional environment where you can thrive personally and as part of a great, multidisciplinary team
- Being part of an international, multidisciplinary team, with more than 15 nationalities in 6 countries, from the great work environment in our offices at the center of Piraeus
- Great potential for personal development, including several opportunities for targeted training and upskilling
- A competitive package of compensation and benefits