PHP Developer for Eummena’s Moodle team
What we need:
- One expert PHP Developer, with hands-on expertise in Moodle
- One or two junior PHP Developers, who will work on Moodle
- One Junior and one Senior PHP Developer for Moodle (Piraeus, Greece)
Who we are
Eummena, an international firm based in Leuven, Belgium, with establishments in Athens, Dubai, and Riyadh, has openings for one junior and one senior, but most importantly highly-motivated PHP developers, preferably with hands-on experience on Moodle’s code, to join our team in Piraeus, Greece.
What you need to bring along
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar disciplines. Master Degree will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in the English language, both written and verbal. Knowledge of the Arabic language will be considered a plus.
- Fast learner, comfortable working in a highly agile, competitive, and distributed team
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Documented experience with similar position or projects, e.g. personal github page or contribution to open source projects.
- Experience with Moodle, including development of bespoke new plugins and integration with other systems
- Experience with Moodle setup and basic Linux remote shell commands
- Excellent knowledge of git
- Agile team member, experience in Scrum or Kanban
- Coaching skills to lead junior fellow developers
- Database skills with MariaDB and PostgreSQL are a plus
- Positive attitude, team worker, experience in distributed dev teams
What you’ll be taking home:
- Working in the team of an official Moodle partner, for highly visible EdTech projects around the globe
- Open source development and participation in global forums on a regular basis
- A professional environment where you can thrive personally and as part of a great, multidisciplinary team
- Being part of an international, multidisciplinary team, with more than 15 nationalities in 6 countries, from the great work environment in our offices at the center of Piraeus
- Great potential for personal development, including several opportunities for targeted training and upskilling
- A competitive package of compensation and benefits
If you want to be part of Eummena’s team, leave us a note at [email protected]!