Front-end developer for Eummena’s Moodle team
Eummena, an international enterprise head-quartered in Leuven, Belgium, with establishments in Piraeus, Dubai, and Riyadh, is looking for a front-end developer to join primarily our Moodle squads and contribute to other EdTech solutions.
Joining Eummena, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic international team and engage hands-on in highly visible EdTech products and services! Your main focus shall be on building modern themes and frontend components for Moodle-based products.
Among your duties will be to:
- Collaborate within autonomous squads in every stage of a product’s lifecycle, from planning to delivery;
- Create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code and share it within git-based repositories;
- Actively participate in an agile team across all Eummena regions, with a DevOps culture and a proactive mindset;
- Confidently communicate with customers, as part of autonomous squads with end-to-end responsibility, to understand requirements and suggest solutions;
- Manage your own work to meet the deadlines agreed among your squads, to ensure successful, timely, and quality driven delivery of products.
What you need to bring along
- Studies in Software Engineering, Graphics Design, or similar disciplines.
- Solid understanding of web markup and tools, including HTML5, Semantic HTML, JSON, REST and modern browser APIs
- Great attention to detail and quality of design
- Experience with UI design and prototyping tools, including the Adobe suite, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.
- Experience with Web Usability and Accessibility guidelines
- Documented experience with similar positions or products, e.g. personal github page or contribution to open source projects.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language will be considered a plus.
- Experience with Moodle, including development of themes or new plugins
- Excellent knowledge of git
- Agile team member, experience in Scrum or Kanban
- Familiar with basic Linux shell commands and remote connection to cloud VMs
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Positive attitude, team worker, experience in distributed dev teams
What you’ll be taking home:
- Working in the team of an official Moodle partner, for highly visible EdTech projects around the globe
- Open source development and participation in global forums on a regular basis
- A professional environment where you can thrive personally and as part of a great, multidisciplinary team
- Being part of an international, multidisciplinary team, with more than 15 nationalities in 6 countries, from the great work environments in our offices in Leuven, Riyadh, Dubai, Piraeus, and TechnoPark (Birzeit).
- Great potential for personal development, including several opportunities for targeted training and upskilling
- A competitive package of compensation and benefits
If you want to be part of Eummena’s team, [send us your CV at [email protected]!