Read about the Moodle Educator Certification program in Arabic
Eummena is thrilled to offer the Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) program, developed by the education technology experts of Moodle HQ’s.
Upon the successful completion of this program, educators will earn a badge for each of the six completed courses plus the Moodle Educator Certificate, a prestigious validation for EdTech skills from the most popular learning platform provider.
This certificate enhances your reputation and puts you on the right track to advance your career with credentials that prove your capacity for online learning and digital skills.
The MEC program follows a comprehensive curriculum, designed to expand educators' digital competencies related to their own teaching, professional communications and, in effect, the success of their learners. It is aligned with the European Framework for Digital Competences for Educators (DigCompEdu), that articulates 22 competences in six areas of skills needed to enhance and innovate education and training, as shown in the figure:
MEC has six modules, to target each of the 6 skills areas:
- Professional Engagement
- Digital Resources
- Teaching and Learning
- Empowering Learners
- Facilitating Learners’ Digital Competence
To obtain the certification, candidates must successfully complete each module, for which they are required to reach a minimum pass on quizzes as well as the two written assignments.
MEC’s training goes beyond the basic knowledge and skills of “how to” use Learning Management Systems and their functionalities. In MEC, the emphasis is put on teaching and learning, having in mind how specific digital tools can be utilised to meet the intended pedagogical and instructional goals.
Eummena’s team of experts supports your progress through this very interesting and constructive, competence-based training and curriculum.
At Eummena, we offer MEC training for individuals and for institutions who wish to improve the capacity of their educators. Special offers are made to organisations, empowering them to build their capacity.
Benefits of being MEC Certified
- Improve the quality of your courses and benefit your learners directly
- Contribute to the quality of your organisation’s education programmes
- Collaborate and learn with other Moodle educators
- Become a more accomplished, effective, and quality-focused professional
- Enhance your reputation with official recognition for your skill at managing online courses
In each of six modules, participants work and should successfully accomplish two “Design Challenges”, in addition to engaging into an interactive discussion on each of the six modules of the program. Design challenges are scenarios where candidates need to demonstrate the adaptability of their LMS knowledge while helping other teachers, as well as informing their professional practice.
- Program Duration: 6 - 8 Weeks
- Language: Available in English, Arabic & many other languages
- Learning style: Asynchronous - you can take part in the training regardless of your location or time
- Time Commitment: Part Time
- Support type: You will have a MEC certified facilitator assigned to you
- Topics Covered: Six modules, to match the skills areas of DigCompEdu
- Application Time: On-going
- Admissions Prerequisite: Basic digital training & some experience with teaching technology
- Price for individuals: 400 USD + Moodle HQ issuing Certificate fee 200 Euros
- Reduced fees for groups and/or participants from developing countries: Ask for a quote
Eligible MEC candidates
Candidates are expected to have a basic knowledge on the activities and resources of Learning Management Systems, this will allow you to focus more on the core of the MEC offering. MEC is aimed at building and enhancing educators’ ability to produce high-quality, online courses. If you are new to Online Education, you will have to spend some additional time than experienced users, to catch up with LMS tools and interfaces. If you need help with this, in a more structured context, Eummena offers an introductory Moodle course.
Register your interest!
Interested in the program? Register your interest to receive more information from Eummena regarding the Moodle Educator Certificate program. Once we receive your details, we will follow up with informational material and ask to arrange a call if needed, to go through it.
Contact us for more details [email protected]